About this NVQ assessment
The Level 6 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations Management – Planning is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in construction-related planning.
This NVQ provides formal recognition of practicing as a construction estimator.
Q2W offer a nationwide service, made possible using our on-line portfolio Learning Assistant. Your NVQ will be assessed using the product of your work e.g. contract documents. Your knowledge will be assessed using professional discussion or written reflective account.
How much will my NVQ level 6 cost?
From: £1,650+vat per delegate
50% to begin the NVQ process; followed by 50% upon completion.
(Payment plans may be available upon request)
NVQ Entry Requirements
The potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?An assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial assessment/Induction and a planned end date agreed. However, we would expect your qualification to be complete with sixteen weeks.
How is the NVQ qualification assessed?
Learning Assistant is the on-line portfolio used by Q2W. During the Initial assessment your assessor will identify the most appropriate optional units and provide advice and guidance regarding the range of evidence required. At this stage you will be introduced to Learning Assistant and uploading evidence. Feedback regarding your progress will be provided in a variety of ways: contact records transmitted using Learning Assistant, which also includes a % complete indicator. Your assessor will also maintain regular contact by phone, text message and email.
Your assessor will provide sufficient support throughout the assessment process to ensure timely completion of your NVQ.
Industry recognition & benefits
The NVQ Diploma in Construction Site Management qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) black card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/manager/).
What is a CITB ATO?A CITB ATO is an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard.As an approved ATO, Q2W will upload your NVQ achievement to trigger an automated grant payment of £600.00 (subject to eligibility).
How do I claim my grant?
You can claim NVQ achievement grants if you’re an employer who is registered with CITB. This includes small employers (wage bill of less than £80k) who don’t have to pay the levy.
CSCS Card Information
You will apply directly to CSCS for your card after you receive your NVQ certificate through the post from us. Link below for more information:https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/
Assessment contents & units
NVQ level 6 in Construction Contracting Operations Management- Estimating: Qualification Structure
- Maintain Health, Safety and Welfare Systems in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
- Chair Meetings and Take Decisions in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Develop and Maintain Working Relationships and Personal Development in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Identify, Assess and Evaluate Project Requirements in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Prepare Procurement Schedules and Programmes of Works in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Evaluate Work Methods and Programme in Construction Contracting Operations Management
Optional Units (one from):
- Plan Measured Surveys in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Establish the Condition of Property in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Develop and Agree Detailed Project Designs in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Specify and Control Production Documents in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Implement Strategic and Integrated Supply Chain Management and Sourcing Partnerships in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Obtain Tenders and Appoint Successful Contractors in Construction Contracting Operations Management
- Evaluate Enquiries and Submit Tenders in Construction Contracting Operations Management