About this NVQ assessment
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate advanced skills, knowledge and experience in painting and decorating. This qualification is suitable for decorators with advanced level skills.
This NVQ provides formal recognition of practicing as an advanced painter and decorator.
Q2W offer a nationwide NVQ service, made possible using our on-line NVQ portfolio Learning Assistant. Your NVQ will be assessed using the product of your work e.g. contract documents. Your knowledge will be assessed using professional discussion or written reflective account.
How much will my NVQ level 3 cost?
Price: £975.00 + VAT per delegate
Discounts may be available if colleagues working on the same site register with Q2W.
See regional zones for further price information.
NVQ Payment Terms
50% to begin the NVQ process; followed by 50% upon completion.
(Payment plans may be available upon request)
NVQ Entry Requirements
The potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?An NVQ assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial NVQ assessment & NVQ Induction; a planned end date will be agreed. However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete with sixteen weeks.
How is the NVQ qualification assessed?Learning Assistant is the on-line NVQ portfolio used by Q2W. During the Initial assessment your assessor will identify the most appropriate optional units and provide advice and guidance regarding the range of evidence required. At this stage you will be introduced to Learning Assistant and uploading evidence for your NVQ. Feedback regarding your progress will be provided in a variety of ways: contact records transmitted using Learning Assistant, which also includes a % complete indicator. Your assessor will also maintain regular contact by phone, text message and email. Your assessor will provide sufficient support throughout the assessment process to ensure timely completion of your NVQ.
Industry recognition & benefitsThe Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certifciation Scheme (CSCS) gold card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/advanced-craft/).
GrantsQ2W are a CITB, Approved Training Organisation (ATO) for NVQs.
What is a CITB ATO?A CITB ATO is an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard. As an approved ATO, Q2W will upload your NVQ achievement to trigger an automated NVQ grant payment of £600.00 (subject to eligibility).
How do I claim my grant?You can claim NVQ achievement grants if you’re an employer who is registered with CITB. This includes small employers (wage bill of less than £80k) who don’t have to pay the levy. https://www.citb.co.uk/grant/new-grants-scheme-2018/grant-scheme-rules/
CSCS Card Information
You will apply directly to CSCS for your card after you receive your NVQ certificate through the post from us. Link below for more information:https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/
Assessment contents & units
NVQ level 3 in Decorative Finishing – Painting and Decorating: Qualification Structure
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Confirming the Occupational Methods of Work in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Erecting and Dismantling Access/Working Platforms in the Workplace
- Preparing Surfaces for Painting/Decorating in the Workplace
- Applying Paint Systems to Complex Surfaces by Brush in the Workplace
Optional Units B1 (select one unit):
- Hanging Standard Paper Wallcoverings in the Workplace
- Hanging Wide-width Vinyls in the Workplace
Optional Units B2 (select one unit):
- Applying Coatings by the Airless Spray Method in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings by the Air Spray Method in the Workplace
- Producing and Applying Complex Stencil Designs in the Workplace
- Hanging Wallcoverings to Complex Surfaces in the Workplace
- Hanging Specialised Paper Wallcoverings in the Workplace
- Producing Comb Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Applying Metal Leaf to Surfaces in the Workplace
- Installing Coving and Decorative Mouldings in the Workplace
- Applying Coatings to Produce Textured Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Broken Colour Work in the Workplace
- Producing Stencil Designs using Pre-cut Stencil Plates in the Workplace
- Producing Straight Grained Effects in the Workplace
- Producing Quality Replica Grained Finishes in the Workplace
- Producing Marbling Effects in the Workplace
Producing Quality Replica Marble Finishes in the Workplace