About this NVQ assessment
The Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Site Technical Support is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in construction related junior/assistant site supervision. This qualification is suitable for junior/assistant site supervisors.
This NVQ provides formal recognition of practicing as a junior/assistant site supervisor.
Q2W offer a nationwide service, made possible using our on-line portfolio Learning Assistant. Your NVQ will be assessed using the product of your work e.g. contract documents. Your knowledge will be assessed using professional discussion or written reflective account.
How much will my NVQ level 3 cost?
Price: £1050.00 + VAT per delegate
Discounts may be available if colleagues working on the same site register with Q2W.
See regional zones for further price information.
50% to begin the NVQ process; followed by 50% upon completion.
(Payment plans may be available upon request)
NVQ Entry Requirements
The potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?An NVQ assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial assessment/Induction and a planned end date agreed. However, we would expect your qualification to be complete with sixteen weeks.
How is the NVQ qualification assessed?
Learning Assistant is the on-line portfolio used by Q2W. During the Initial assessment your assessor will identify the most appropriate optional units and provide advice and guidance regarding the range of evidence required. At this stage you will be introduced to Learning Assistant and uploading evidence. Feedback regarding your progress will be provided in a variety of ways: contact records transmitted using Learning Assistant, which also includes a % complete indicator. Your assessor will also maintain regular contact by phone, text message and email.
Your assessor will provide sufficient support throughout the assessment process to ensure timely completion of your NVQ.
Industry recognition & benefitsThe Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Construction Contracting Operations – Site Technical Support qualifies the holder to apply for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) gold card (https://www.cscs.uk.com/card-type/manager/).
GrantsQ2W are a CITB, Approved Training Organisation (ATO).
What is a CITB ATO?A CITB ATO is an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard. As an approved ATO, Q2W will upload your NVQ achievement to trigger an automated grant payment of £600.00 (subject to eligibility).
How do I claim my grant?
You can claim NVQ achievement grants if you’re an employer who is registered with CITB. This includes small employers (wage bill of less than £80k) who don’t have to pay the levy.
CSCS Card Information
You will apply directly to CSCS for your card after you receive your NVQ certificate through the post from us. Link below for more information:https://www.cscs.uk.com/applying-for-cards/
Assessment contents & units
NVQ level 3 in Construction Contracting Operations –Site Technical Support: Qualification Structure
- Operate health, safety and welfare systems in construction
- Prepare programmes and schedules of work in construction
- Operate project information systems in construction
- Develop and maintain working relationships and personal development in construction
- Prepare and monitor costs and accounts in construction
- Establish and maintain the dimensional control of construction works
Optional Units (select minimum of one):
- Prepare for, collect, analyse and present survey data in construction
- Record the condition of property in construction
- Integrate and control project design information in construction
- Prepare drawings and schedules in construction
- Prepare for work operations in construction
- Implement contract work in construction
- Prepare for and carry out physical testing in construction
- Assess, plan and monitor project methods and progress in construction
- Prepare proposals and obtain feedback for the provision of products and services in construction
- Prepare and process invitations to tender in construction
- Prepare estimates, bids and tenders in construction
- Monitor, maintain and improve supplies of materials in construction
Recommend and monitor supplies of plant and equipment in construction