About this NVQ course
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Demolition (Plant) is designed to assess occupational competence in the workplace. Learners are required to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and experience in the inspection, maintenance and operation of demolition plant. This qualification is suitable for practicing demolition plant operators.
This NVQ provides formal recognition of practicing as a demolition plant operator.
Q2W offer a nationwide NVQ service, made possible using our on-line NVQ portfolio Learning Assistant. Your NVQ will be assessed using the product of your work e.g. contract documents. Your knowledge will be assessed using professional discussion or written reflective account.
How much will my NVQ level 2 cost?
Price: £750.00 + VAT per delegate
Discounts may be available if colleagues working on the same site register with Q2W.
See regional zones for further price information.
NVQ Payment Terms
50% to begin the NVQ process; followed by 50% upon completion.
(Payment plans may be available upon request)
NVQ Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements for this NVQ qualification, however the potential learner must be able to demonstrate that they can meet the skills, knowledge and experience requirements of the NVQ in demolition plant operation before enrolment.
How long will my NVQ take to complete?An NVQ assessment plan will be agreed during your Initial NVQ assessment & NVQ Induction; a planned end date will be agreed. However, we would expect your NVQ qualification to be complete with sixteen weeks.
How is the NVQ qualification assessed?Learning Assistant is the on-line NVQ portfolio used by Q2W. During the Initial assessment your assessor will identify the most appropriate optional units and provide advice and guidance regarding the range of evidence required. At this stage you will be introduced to Learning Assistant and uploading evidence for your NVQ. Feedback regarding your progress will be provided in a variety of ways: contact records transmitted using Learning Assistant, which also includes a % complete indicator. Your assessor will also maintain regular contact by phone, text message and email. Your assessor will provide support throughout the assessment process to ensure timely completion of your NVQ.
Industry recognition & benefits
GrantsQ2W are a CITB, Approved Training Organisation (ATO) for NVQs.
What is a CITB ATO?A CITB ATO is an organisation which provides construction training courses and qualifications to a defined and industry-agreed training standard. As an approved ATO, Q2W will upload your NVQ achievement to trigger an automated NVQ grant payment of £600.00 (subject to eligibility).
How do I claim my grant?You can claim NVQ achievement grants if you’re an employer who is registered with CITB. This includes small employers (wage bill of less than £80k) who don’t have to pay the levy. https://www.citb.co.uk/grant/new-grants-scheme-2018/grant-scheme-rules/
CSCS Card Informationhttps://ndtg.training/page/demolition-plant/cpcs-blue-competence-card
Course contents & units
NVQ level 2 in Demolition: Qualification Structure
- Confirming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Moving, Handling and Storing Resources in the Workplace
- Conforming to Productive Working Practices in the Workplace
- Inspecting and Completing User Maintenance on Plant or Machinery in the Workplace
Optional Units (select one):
- Operating Demolition Plant or Machinery to Demolish Structures Above 30 Metres in the Workplace
- Operating Demolition Plant or Machinery to Demolish Structures up to 30 Metres in the Workplace
- Operating Demolition Plant or Machinery to Demolish Structures up to 15 Metres in the Workplace
- Operating Demolition-adapted Crawler Cranes (Demolition Plant) to Demolish Structures in the Workplace
- Operating Remote and/or Pedestrian-operated Demolition Plant to Demolish Structures in the Workplace
- Operating Demolition Skid Steer (Demolition Plant) to Demolish Structures in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating 180 Degree Excavators to Extract and Excavate Ground and Loose Materials in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating Wheeled Loading Shovels to Extract Loose Materials in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating Tracked Loading Shovels to Extract Ground and Loose Materials in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating Skid Steer Loaders to Extract Loose Materials in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating 360 Degree Excavators to Extract Ground, Face and/or Loose Materials in the Workplace
- Preparing and Operating 360 Degree Excavators to Remove and Process Loose Waste-type Materials in the Workplace